Win A Fridge Competition Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
"PIZZA HUT - WIN A FRIDGE" GAME OF CHANCE PROMOTION
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry available only to "Eligible Entrants". An "Eligible Entrant" is an individual who:
(i) is a resident of Australia aged 18 years or over;
(ii) has a current Facebook account;
(iii) is not an employee of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Promotion;
(iv) is not an employee of a Pizza Hut franchisee; and
(v) is not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, step-parent, child or sibling (whether full, half, step or by adoption), of any employee referenced in this clause.
3. Promotion commences on Tuesday 16 July 2013 and ends at 11am AEST on Tuesday 13 August 2013 ("Promotional Period")
4. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
(a) use a compatible browser to visit the online ordering site at www.pizzahut.com.au ("Order Site") and purchase a Pizza Hut 'Dinner Box' ("Qualifying Transaction"). Upon purchase of the Dinner Box online, customers will receive an on screen order confirmation with receipt number. They will also receive an order confirmation with the receipt number via email; and
(b) then visit the Pizza Hut Australia Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/PizzaHutAustralia ("Facebook Page"), follow the prompts to the 'Pizza Hut - Win a Fridge' promotion application, input all requested details in the entry form including the purchase receipt number for the Qualifying Transaction, read and agree to the Terms and Conditions and confirm they are 18 years of age or older, by selecting the relevant tick-box, and submit the fully completed entry form.
Individuals have the option of selecting the 'Yes. I'd like to receive Pizza Hut deals and news' tick-box at the time of entry. This is an optional tick-box and is not mandatory for entry. However, individuals who select this tick-box agree to be sent Pizza Hut deals and news from the Promoter.
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
6. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one entry permitted per Qualifying Transaction; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements. For the sake of clarity, only one (1) entry is permitted per transaction, regardless of the number of Dinner Boxes in excess of one (1) purchased within that transaction. For example, if two (2) Dinner Boxes are purchased in one (1) transaction during the Promotional Period, an Eligible Entrant is only permitted to submit one (1) corresponding entry for that transaction.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
9. All weekly draws will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Level 5, 492 St Kilda Road, Melbourne Victoria 3004 at 11am AEST on the dates specified below. Entries into weekly draw 1 open on Tuesday 16 July 2013. All weekly draws will close on the dates and times outlined below. All weekly draws (excluding weekly draw 1), will open immediately after entries for the previous weekly draw close. Entries in each weekly draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent weekly draws.
Weekly Draw 1: Entries close: 11am AEST on 23 July 2013 Draw date: 24 July 2013
Weekly Draw 2: Entries close: 11am AEST on 30 July 2013 Draw date: 31 July 2013
Weekly Draw 3: Entries close: 11am AEST on 6 August 2013 Draw date: 7 August 2013
Weekly Draw 4: Entries close: 11am AEST on 13 August 2013 Draw date: 14 August 2013
10. Winners will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the draw, and their names published in The Australian newspaper on 21 August 2013.
11. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The first valid entry drawn in each weekly prize draw will win a $1,250 Appliances online gift voucher.
13. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer, available at http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/gift-vouchers.aspx, and any terms specified on the voucher.
14. If for any reason a winner does not take or redeem a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
15. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
16. Total prize pool value is $5,000.
17. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
18. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 20 November 2013 at the same time and place as the original draws, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the draw, and their name/s will be published in The Australian newspaper on 22 November 2013.
19. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
20. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
21. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the Eligible Entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
22. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an Eligible Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Eligible Entrant invalid.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non- Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents)is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant; or (f) use and/or taking of a prize.
25. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
27. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on Eligible Entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php.
28. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an Eligible Entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an Eligible Entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
29. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH ATTEMPT IS MADE, WHETHER OR NOT THAT ATTEMPT RESULTS IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE, INTERFERENCE OR UNDERMINING.
30. The Promoter is Yum! Restaurants Australia Pty Limited (ABN 16 000 674 993) of 20 Rodborough Road, Frenchs Forest NSW 2086, telephone (02) 9930 3000.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/13/5326 ACT Permit No. TP13/2454
"PIZZA HUT - HOT OFFERS" PROMOTION
31. Every person who validly enters the "Pizza Hut - Win a Fridge" Promotion in accordance with the terms and conditions for the "Pizza Hut - Win a Fridge" Promotion (as outlined above) will receive a Hot Offer coupon code. This offer is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. The Hot Offer coupon code will be provided on-screen immediately after submission of entry, and will be sent to the Eligible Entrant"s email address provided on entry.
32. The Hot Offer coupon code provided will be redeemable for one of the following rewards outlined below, depending on the week of entry:
Week 1: Entries open: 16 July 2013 Entries close: 11am AEST on 23 July 2013 Hot Offer Coupon awarded: 6 pack of Chicken Bites valued at $4.95 Expiry Date: 29 July 2013
Week 2: Entries open: 11.01am AEST on 23 July 2013 Entries close: 11am AEST on 30 July 2013 Hot Offer Coupon awarded: Garlic Bread valued at $3.95 Expiry Date: 5 August 2013
Week 3: Entries open: 11.01am AEST on 30 July 2013 Entries close: 11am AEST on 6 August 2013 Hot Offer Coupon awarded: 1.25L Pepsi valued at $3.95 Expiry Date: 12 August 2013
Week 4: Entries open: 11.01am AEST on 6 August 2013 Entries close: 11am AEST on 13 August 2013 Hot Offer Coupon awarded: 8 pack of Cheesy Potato Bites valued at $2.95 Expiry Date: 19 August 2013
33. To receive the Hot Offer reward applicable to the code received, as outlined above, an Eligible Entrant must (before the relevant expiry date indicated above): (i) visit the Order Site (as defined in (4)(a) above); (ii)through the Order Site;
a. use their allocated coupon code to order the relevant reward item as indicated above; and
b. in the same transaction, order one or more other items from the range of products that may be orders at the same time (together an "Order").
34. The Order may be for "Pick Up" or "Delivery" but will be subject to the conditions applying to the Order at the time that the Order is placed. Only one (1) Hot Offer coupon code may be used per Order.
35. The current purchase price(s) will apply to the purchase of the other item(s) in the Order and must be paid as directed for the Order to be accepted.
36. If the Order is for: (i) "Pick Up", the minimum amount that must be spent to purchase another item is $4.95; (ii) "Delivery", the minimum amount that must be spent to purchase another item / other items is $20. No amount will be payable for the Hot Offer coupon reward.
37. Clauses 1 to 6, 8, 11, 14 to 15, 17, and 19 to 30 as detailed above, equally apply to this "Pizza Hut - Hot Offers" Component. These conditions should be read in conjunction with the conditions outlined above. If there are any inconsistencies these conditions shall prevail. Any reference to "prize(s)" in the relevant clauses should be replaced with the word "reward(s)", for the purposes of this "Pizza Hut - Hot Offers" Component.